Worksheets are perfect for sharing information with your audience and adding more value to your online course, webinar or coaching program.
You can use worksheets as educational tools to guide your clients through your program and ensure they get the most out of their time with you. You can also use them to bring awareness to your flagship offer.
For example, you may want to host a webinar to give your audience a sneak peek at what you do. Sharing a worksheet is a great way to add value, save time for your viewers, and create credibility for your brand.
They’re not only great educational tools - worksheets are also perfect for moving your audience through your sales funnel!
Why you should use Canva to create your worksheets!
If worksheets sound like a useful tool for your online business, then Canva is the perfect design platform for you! You can create all of your worksheet designs for free or try Canva Pro for 30 days by using our affiliate link!
Your free Canva account includes hundreds of free templates to help you design your worksheets. You also get access to thousands of free Canva elements to help bring your design ideas to life.
Just follow these steps to create a free worksheet in Canva:
It’s that simple to create a worksheet in Canva!
Best Practices and Pro Tips
Now that you have the right design platform, it’s time to start optimizing your worksheet! There are a few best practices and pro tips you should follow to help you create an effective worksheet.
1) Simplicity is best. Worksheets are designed to give your clients step-by-step instructions to achieve a single goal or learn about a single topic, so simplicity is best. Be respectful of your audience’s time and include just enough guidance to efficiently walk them through the program. Stick to just a few pages and don’t overwhelm them with too many calls to action. Just one call to action at the end of the worksheet should be enough to show your audience the next step and also create excitement about your flagship offer.
Pro Tip! Don’t overcrowd your worksheet design with too many elements. It distracts viewers from the main purpose of the worksheet. Remember, white space is good!
2) Use your brand elements. Create a branded worksheet by using your brand elements - logo, colors, fonts, and photos. This not only makes the design process much easier for you, it also helps your clients recognize and connect with your brand. Every part of your client’s purchasing journey, from awareness to action, should include branded content that moves your audience through your sales funnel. Worksheets are perfect for taking your audience from interest to desire to action.
Pro Tip! Organize your brand elements with our FREE Canva Brand Board Template! Add your colors, fonts, logos, brand marks, and photo inspiration.
3) Organize the structure. Design your worksheet to flow with your webinar, course, or program in a way that makes sense for your audience. They should be able to easily follow along, get more value, and not have to guess where to go next. The best way to do this is by writing out the structure of your program and creating a worksheet that follows the same flow.
Pro Tip! Use headlines, sections, and page numbers to organize your worksheet and help your audience stay on track.
4) Add space for notes. Give your audience a space where they can take notes. This can be a section on each page, fill-in-the-blank style sections, or a handy page that’s included just for note taking. Just make sure it’s organized in a way that makes sense to your audience and that it’s easily accessible.
Pro Tip! Make your PDF worksheet editable by uploading it to Canva!
5) Include a final CTA. Worksheets are very simple and don’t need multiple calls to action. Your worksheet only needs one CTA at the end that tells your audience the next step they can take with you. For example, if you’re creating a worksheet for your mini course, then you could use the final CTA to create excitement about your flagship offer. You can use the final CTA as an opportunity to convert a one-time viewer into a loyal client.
Pro Tip! Create relevance in order to convince your audience to take the next step with you. Make sure they know you have more to offer!
6) Save it as a PDF. Canva gives you the option to save your worksheet design in multiple formats including PDF. The PDF option is perfect for online business owners because it allows you to add hyperlinks. You can add a link to your final CTA that directs your audience right to the next step. Canva worksheets are the perfect tool to use with your sales funnel.
Pro Tip! Share the Canva worksheet PDF with your audience multiple times so they don’t lose it. Send out several reminder emails and attach the worksheet to all of them as ‘materials needed’.
Worksheets are really helpful for you and your audience. They help everyone stay on track and they show your audience you know what you're doing.
Canva helps you easily create worksheets for your mini course, webinar, or coaching program. You can use a free Canva account or sign up for a free Canva Pro trial which gives you access to all the templates.
Get a free 30 day trial for Canva Pro when you sign up using our affiliate link! (That’s 16 more days than the standard Canva trial so don’t miss this opportunity!)